Saturday, November 6, 2010

Random Thoughts Saturday

As I sit here bouncing a not-remotely-tired 7 month old on my knee, please indulge me in a little bit of randomness.

  • I am excited by the return of cold weather - in no small part because the size of my fridge/freezer swells to the size of my back porch.
  • I would make cinnamon rolls every single weekend if I had the willpower to not eat them.
  • Which brings me to the fact that I am insanely envious of those lucky women who lose weight effortlessly while breastfeeding.  I am not one of them.
  • It is a pet peeve of my husband's that most people confuse jealousy with envy.  Jealousy is when you are protective of something that is rightfully yours. Envy is when you desire something that is not already yours.
  • Sometimes, I still slip and confuse the two, myself.  With ensuing eye-rolls from my husband.
  • After receiving impassioned pleas from two sides of our families to come home for various celebrations and holidays, I wish we lived closer to our families.
  • I wish our families would visit us more often.
  • I am looking forward to the holiday season, in spite of missing everyone.
  • I am already planning holiday menus.  I think I gained 5 pounds just perusing recipes.
  • I would love to get paid to cook, but I don't think I could stand working in a restaurant.
  • I'm still trying to talk myself out of starting a batch of cinnamon rolls for tomorrow morning. It's almost 11 pm.
  • I am praying that the kids sleep in and let me take full advantage of that extra hour of sleep.  I doubt it, though.  Maybe I ought to start those rolls after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment